The Brown Center for Career Exploration supports Brown Ph.D. students through every step of their graduate careers. Our services and resources are focused on assisting Brown graduate students in exploring the many career options open to them, preparing for their chosen career paths, and navigating the academic and non-academic job markets.
Our services are designed to complement the essential advice of faculty mentors and advisors. We encourage you to use our services and programs early and often.
- Schedule an appointment through Handshake with Zhichun Lin, Ph.D., the Assistant Director of Career Counseling for Graduate Students or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Meet with a Graduate Career Fellow during open hours
- Careers in Academia
- Careers Beyond Academia
Career Center resources and tools that can support your individual career planning goals:
- All doctoral students are welcome to attend any of our workshops, employer sessions, career fairs, or alumni events listed on the Events@Brown site.
- We offer job search tools, including access to Handshake, to help you engage directly with our employer partners and access thousands of opportunities.
- You can also connect with the worldwide network of Brown alumni using tools such as BrownConnect or the LinkedIn Brown Alumni page to receive real world advice on how to navigate your individual career journey.